I am working as Assistant Professor in Department of Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida since March 2009.
Prior to that I was associated with Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Philipps University Marburg, Germany for my Postdoctoral research (2006-2009).
I was also at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Government of India, Mohali as a Scientist Gr-I (-B) on the pay band-3 of Rs.15,600-39,100/- on regular basis.
Prior to my NIPER joining, I worked in Centre For Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, G.B Pant Agriculture and Technology University as a Teaching Associate.
I have been awarded PhD in Human Biology by Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany. My PhD research work has been awarded with the â€Magna cum laudeâ€ (Very Good Grade).
My research interests include Respiratory Medicine and Genomics.
Assistant Professor, March 2009 - :Department of Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology, GBU-
Molecular and Cell Biology, Genetic Engineering,
Genomics, Concepts in Biotechnology, Life Sciences and Animal Biotechnology to PhD,
Masters & Bachelor classes. I have been regularly guiding M.Sc. and M.Tech
Biotechnology students for their dissertation work.
2) Was ex-member in Schoolâ€™s Board of Studies (BoS).
3) Invited as a special Invitee in Academic Council, GBU.
1) Published 13 research papers in peer reviewed International journals.
2) Brought 03 research grants from the Government of India (DBT, DST, SERB) in the capacity of Principal Investigator.
3) Brought 03 research grants from the Government of India in the capacity of Co-Principal Investigator.
1) Vice-Chairperson, Universityâ€™s anti-ragging Committee.
2) Member in University level and School level Committees.
3) Worked as a Head of the Department (HoD), School of Biotechnology, GBU from 2010-2014.
4) Worked as an University Coordinator Admissions, GBU from 2015-2017.
5) Ex-member in various University level and School level Committees.
Post doctoral research, May 2006 â€“ December 2008: Division of Respiratory Medicine, Philipps-University Marburg, Germany-
During this period,
1) Received full time Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) fellowship.
2) The major objectives were to establish the COPD animal model and to investigate the pathogenesis behind the emphysema by using Genomics and Proteomics tools.
3) Three (03) research papers have been published in peer reviewed International journals.
4) Awarded with the Young Scientist Travel Awards by European Respiratory society, the meeting was held in Berlin, Germany in Oct 2008.
Scientist Gr-I, Dec 2005 â€“ April 2006: National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Government of India, Mohali-
On the Pay Band-3 of Rs.15,600 - 39,100/- (6th pay commission)
During this period, my job was:
1) To establish Functional Genomics laboratory.
2) To supervise PhD students.
3) Submitted research grant for financial assistant to AYUSH (Government of India) on project entitled â€Differential Gene Expression Profiling in Diabetic and Herbal Based Medicine Treated Diabetic Rat Modelsâ€.
Teaching Associate, Aug 2005 â€“ Dec 2005: Center for Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, G.B Pant Agriculture and Technology University, Pant Nagar-
During this period, my job was:
1) To teach Masters in Biotechnology and Ph.D. (Biotechnology) students.
2) I was teaching them a functional Genomics and its various tools.
3) To establish DNA-microarray technology in the Department.
Ph.D. degree (Human Biology), Oct 2001 â€“ Nov 2004: Justus Liebig University (JLU), Giessen, Germany-
My Ph.D. thesis title was â€Optimization of Microarray Technology-Based Expression Profiling for investigation of Different Animal Models of Pulmonary Hypertensionâ€.
1) Received full time fellowship from German Government (2001-2004).
2) My PhD work has been awarded with the â€Magna cum laudeâ€ (Very Good Grade).
3) Published two research paper in peer reviewed International Journals.