Dr Siya Ram obtained his PhD from Indian Institute of Toxicology Research (IITR), Lucknow, India, and M.Sc. (Biotechnology) from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. At present, he is working as an Assistant Professor at School of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, Gr. Noida. He has 10.5 years of teaching and research experience in the field of Molecular Microbiology. Dr Siya Ram has published more than 25 research papers in National & International peer-reviewed journals such as Environmental Science & Technology, Environmental Health Perspective and Journal of Applied Microbiology etc.
- Ph. D. (Feb. 2009) - Biochemistry from Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, Lucknow and Dr RML Avadh University, Faizabad. Title of Thesis: Studies on molecular detection of waterborne microorganism.
- M.Sc. (June 1999) - Biotechnology from Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi. Dissertation title: Bacterial endophytes in agriculture crops screening in rice
- B.Sc. (June 1997) - Industrial Microbiology, Biochemistry and Environmental Science from Dr RML Avadh University, Faizabad.
- 2011 July 23 â€“ Onward (8 years, 6 months): Working as Assistant Professor at Gautam Buddha University.
- 2010 August 4 to 2011 July 22 (1year): Working as Assistant Professor (CS) at Gautam Buddha University.
- 2009 July 4 to 2010 August 3 (1 year): Working as Faculty Associate/ Research Associate at Gautam Buddha University.
- 2008 February 4 to 2009 July 3 (1 year, 5 months): Working as Senior Research Scientist at ARA HealthCare, Gurgaon.
- 2004 December 16 to 2007 December 15 (3 years): Working as Senior Research Fellow at Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, ITRC, Lucknow.
- 2002 December 16 to 2004 December 15 (2 years): Working as a Junior Research Fellow at Industrial Toxicology Research Centre, ITRC, Lucknow.
Awards & Achievements (JRF/SRF/Gate/Other well known-awards
- Outstanding Research Award in the field of Microbiology, during 27th Annual Conference of the Indian Association of Clinical Medicine at Gautam Buddha University, Gr. Noida, November 15th to 17th, 2019
- Best Oral Presentation Award during International Conference â€œToxicology, Environment and Occupational Health (ICTEOH), Society of Toxicology, Indiaâ€ Organised by Industrial Toxicology Research Center, Lucknow, November 14th to 17th, 2005.
- Senior Research Fellowship (CSIR, India, NET- SRF, December 15th, 2004)
- Junior Research Fellowship (CSIR, India, NET- JRF, December 16th, 2002)
- National Eligibility Test (CSIR, India, NET-LS, December 23rd, 2001)
(a) University Level
- Member of Institutional Bio-safety (IBS) Committee;
- Member of Library Committee.
- Member of Anti-ragging Committee;
- Warden of Birsa Munda Hostel;
- Member of Grievance Redressal/suggestion Cell for Student;
- Member for tender preparation and advertisement Committee
- Warden of Married Research Scholar Hostel
(b) School Level
- Member of the Ph. D. committee;
- Member Exam committee;
- Member Chemical committee;
- Member Store committee;
- Member Horticulture committee;
- Member Aesthetics committee;
- Member Lab In-charge (Cold Room).
(a) FDP/STP Attended
- Attended One Week Short Term Course (STC) on â€œData Science using R through ICT" Organized by Computer Science and Engineering Department, Gautam Buddha University, Gr. Noida, on November 26th to 30th, 2018.
- Attended Two Weeks Workshop on â€œAdvanced Research Methodology and Statistical analysisâ€ Organized by School of Management, Gautam Buddha University, Gr. Noida, on October 22nd to Nov 3rd, 2018
- Attended One Week Faculty development programme (FDP) on "Approaches for In-silico drug designingâ€ Organized by IILM Academy of Higher Learning, Collage of Engineering and Technology, Gr. Noida, on July 3rd to7th, 2018.
- Attended One Week Short Term Course (STC) on â€œArtificial Intelligence in Engineering Applicationsâ€ Organized by Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi, on December 24th to 30th, 2016.
- Attended One Week Faculty Development Programme (FDP) on â€œNetwork and Cyber Securityâ€ Organized by School of Computer & Systems Sciences, Jawaharlal Nehru University association with NITTTR, Chandigarh, on June 27th to 1st, 2016.
- Attended International CME-cum-workshop on â€œRecent Updates in Mind, Body and Medicinâ€ Organized by Government Institute of Medical Science (GIMS), Gr. Noida, on November 14th, 2018.
- Attended Orientation Program on â€œFlow Cytometryâ€ Organised by BD-JH FACS Academy, Faculty of Science, Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, on March 10th, 2014.
- Attended Orientation Program on â€œFlow Cytometryâ€ Organised by BD-JH FACS Academy, Faculty of Science, Jamia Hamdard University, New Delhi, on September 12th, 2014.
- Attended National Workshop on â€œMetabolic using high-resolution Mass Spectrometryâ€ Organized by AB SCIEX, Centre of Excellence, DHR, Holding India Pvt. Ltd., Gurgaon, on April 20th, 2014.
- Attended National Workshop on â€œEntrepreneurship Developmentâ€ Organized by School of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, Gr. Noida and National Small Industries Corporation Ltd, A Govt. of India Enterpriseâ€ on February 4th, 2014.
- Attended National Workshop on â€œOpen Educational Resources and WikiEducatorâ€ Organized by School of Information and Communication Technology, Gautam Buddha University, Gr. Noida, on June 9th to 11th, 2010.
- Attended National Workshop on â€œCurrent Trends in Computing and Bioinformaticsâ€ Organized by University Institute of Engineering and Technology, C.S.J.M. University Kanpur, on February 23rd to 24th, 2007.
- Attended National Workshop on â€œBioinformatics Analysis using Accelrys GCG and SeqLabâ€ Organised by Institute of Microbial Technology, Chandigarh, on December 15th to 17th, 2005.
- Attended National Workshop on â€œResearch Methodology and Statistical Method in Biomedical Researchâ€ Organised by ITRC, Lucknow, on July 26th to 28th, 2004.
- Attended Training Workshop on â€œScientific Communicationâ€ Organised by ITRC, Lucknow, on July 24th to 25th, 2004.
- Attended Continuing Education Courses on â€œToxicogenomics and Metagenomics and Biomarkers of Toxicology & Disease progressionâ€ Organised by International conference on toxicity environmental and occupational health, ITRC, Lucknow, on November 14th to 17th, 2005.
- Attended Summer Training program on â€œMicrobiological Quality Control and Effluent Treatment Plant Sectionâ€, at K. M. Sugar Mills Limited, Faizabad, on May 25th to June 25th 1995.
- Attended Summer Training program on â€œMicrobiological Quality Control and Effluent Treatment Plant, Sectionâ€, at Parag Dairy Industry, Lucknow, on June 1st to 30th, 1994.