Dr. Bhawana Joshi is currently a faculty member in Department of Applied Physics in the University School of Vocational Studies and Applied Sciences. She has 12 years of teaching experience and has taught many theory and laboratory courses at both graduation and post-graduation level. She has also taught courses at Ph.D. level. She achieved meritorious position in UP Board’s merit list and received meritorious award in 2000. She is the recipient of Junior Research Fellowship (JRF) and Senior Research Fellowship (SRF) of University Grants commission (UGC), New Delhi. She has published many research papers in the field of experimental materials science in different journals of international repute. Her research areas include experimental materials science, nanodimentional materials: synthesis and characterization, transparent electronics, spintronics, thin film solar cells, carbon based materials, supercapacitor applications. She has actively participated in the course curriculum design and laboratory development related to different academic programmes in the Department. Along with teaching and research experience, she has also actively organized various co-curricular and extra-curricular activities at the Departmental and University level. She is currently working as the Program Coordinator in the National Service Scheme (NSS) of the University. She is also the Care Taker Officer (CTO) of National Cadet Corps (NCC)-Female of the University. She has served as a member of Admission team of the University. Furthermore, She has served as the Head of the Department of the Department of Applied Physics from August 2018 to April 2022.
Ph. D. (Physics): 2010
Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), New Delhi, INDIA
M. Sc. (Physics): 2005
G. B. Pant University of Agriculture & Technology, Pantnagar, U. S. Nagar., Uttarakhand, INDIA
B.Sc. (PCM): 2003
H. N. B. Gharwal University, Srinagar (Garhwal), Uttarakhand, INDIA
AWARDS & ACHIEVEMENTS
1. 10th position in U. P. Board’s Merit List (Girls) in H.S.C. (12th) in year 2000.
2. Qualified National Eligibility Test (NET)-JRF in year 2005, jointly organized by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) & University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi.
3. Qualified Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) in year 2005.
ADMINISTRATIVE RESPONSIBILITIES TAKEN AT UNIVERSITY/SCHOOL LEVEL:
1. Head of Department, Applied Physics Department, From 6 August 2018 to 1 May 2022.
2. Member of Admission Committee of the University for Session 2012-13.
3. Observer in School of Management during entrance exam (Session 2010-13)
4. Member of Committee in Convocation-2016
5. Member of Anti-Ragging Committee of the University (Currently)
6. Member of Examination Committee of School of Vocational Studies & Applied Sciences of the University.
7. Member of committee of Board of Studies of Department in year 2014-15.
8. In-charge for students extracurricular activities (School Level)
9. Program Coordinator, National Service Scheme (NSS)
10. Care-Taker Officer (CTO), National Cadet Corps (NCC), Female
FACULTY REFERSHER COURSE AND SHORT TERM TRANING PROGRAM:
1. Attended 4 weeks “1st Refresher Course in Physics” from 05th October 2015 – 30th October 2015 organized by Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi.
2. Attended One-week Short Term Training Programme on “Application of Techniques/Tools in Engineering” organized by the School of Engineering and School of Vocational Studies and Applied Sciences during 9th-14th October 2017 at Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida.
INVITED TALK IN CONFERENCES:
1. Invited talk in International Conference on Science and Engineering of Materials (ICSEM-2018), held from 06th – 8th January 2018 in Sharda University, Greater Noida.
2. Invited talk in International National Conference on Materials and Devices (NCMD-2018), held from 31st July – 1st August 2018 in Sharda University, Greater Noida.
3. Invited talk in “National Conference on Innovations and Technology for Rural India (ITRI-2018) held from 15th -16th November 2018 in Global School of Science, RS Science Park, Bah, Agra, India
1. National Advisory Committee member of the conference “International Conference on Recent Trends in Materials Science and Applications” 29th February 2016, Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamil Nadu, India
2. Organized Special Session entitled “Technological Applications of Materials: Synthesis, Characterization, Optimization, Modeling and Simulation” in International Conference on Processing of Materials, Minerals and Energy (PMME) -2016 organized by PACE Institute of Technology and Sciences, Ongole, Andhra Pradesh, India during 29th to 30th July 2016.
3. Organizing committee member of “Nanotechnology for Instrumentation and Measurement Workshop (III International Conference, NanofiM-2017)” held on 16-17 November 2017 in Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida.
4. Organized Special Session entitled “Mathematical Modelling, Optimization & Simulation” in “Nanotechnology for Instrumentation and Measurement Workshop (III International Conference, NanofiM-2017)” held on 16-17 November 2017 in Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida
5. Organized Three days workshop on “Computational Physics in Applied Research” in Department of Applied Physics, Gauta Buddha University, Greater Noida from 25th July 2019 to 27th July 2019.