I have obtained my Ph.D. degree in Environmental Science (2002) from Chhatrapati Shahu Ji Maharaj (CSJM) University, Kanpur in collaboration with Department of Environmental Engineering, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kanpur, National Botanical Research Institute (NBRI), Lucknow and National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI), Kanpur. Further, I enriched my research expertise in the field of Environmental Sciences as a Post-Doctoral Fellow at Centre for Rural Development & Technology (CRDT), Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Delhi in 2009. Currently, I am working as Associate Professor & Dean, School of Biotechnology at Gautam Buddha University. I have gained more than 15 years of experience in Teaching and Research with a keen interest in Environmental Science (Psychological & Toxicological effects), study of Industrial effluent toxicity, study of nutritional and anti-nutritional factor analysis at Environmental pollution level. So far, I have more than 35 research articles in national and international journals and several text books to my credit in the field of Environmental Sciences.
• Dean, School of Biotechnology (2020 onwards)
• Dean, School of Biotechnology (2016-18; 2014-15)
• Dean Student Affairs, Gautam Buddha University (2016)
• Chairperson, Board of Studies, School of Biotechnology
• Member, Academic Council, Gautam Buddha University
• Member, Board of Management, Gautam Buddha University
Honours & Distinctions
• Women Achievement Award for Meritorious Services and also by India International Friendship Society. International visits for Research 26 Jan 2010.
• Recipient of Best Research Paper Award, 2014 given by Sam Higginbottom Institute of Agriculture, Technology & Science (Deemed University), Allahabad on the occasion of Founder’s Day; 27October 2015.
• Inter-University Contribution as a Member of Biotechnology Board of Studies in Mahamaya Technical University, U.P.
• Contributing Member of Reviewer Board for Journal of Advance Laboratory Researches in Biology (JALRB).
External Examiner & Paper Setter
• Appointed as the Paper Setter for the Even semester Examination 2016-17 (Environmental Sciences), Integral University, Lucknow.
• Appointed as the Paper Setter for the Even semester Examination 2016-17 (Microbiology) & 2017-18 (Microbiology), Integral University, Lucknow.
• Invited as external Examiner for the Practical Exam of B.Sc ( Biochemistry ) third semester, 22 Dec 2015 at AMU.
• Visited as External Examiner for B.Sc. Biotechnology Practical Exams at Chitra P. G.College, Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh. (February 14-15, 2014).
• Conducted Seminar on New Career Opportunities in Health Care & Life Science at theSchool of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, 6 Feb 2016.
• Conducted one-day educational visit for IntM.Tech Biotech (5 Year 6th semester) students on Renewable source of energy (Solar energy) to National Institute of Solar Energy, Gurgaon (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), 07/04/2016.
• Organized awareness programme on Environmental Pollution Sanitation, and Health in Government secondary school,Nauraiyakheda Kanpur, November 2001.
• Visited Chaperon Biotech PVT. LTD. Kanpur on 21st Dec 2015, concerning a researchproject and also interacted with student.