I am working as Assistant Professor in Department of Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology, Gautam Buddha University, Greater Noida since March 2009.
Prior to that I was associated with Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Respiratory Medicine, Philipps University Marburg, Germany for my Postdoctoral research (2006-2009).
I was also at National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Government of India, Mohali as a Scientist Gr-I (-B) on the pay band-3 of Rs.15,600-39,100/- on regular basis.
Prior to my NIPER joining, I worked in Centre For Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, G.B Pant Agriculture and Technology University as a Teaching Associate.
I have been awarded PhD in Human Biology by Justus Liebig University, Giessen, Germany. My PhD research work has been awarded with the ”Magna cum laude” (Very Good Grade).
My research interests include Respiratory Medicine and Genomics.
Assistant Professor, March 2009 -: Department of Biotechnology, School of Biotechnology, GBU-
1) Molecular and Cell Biology, Genetic Engineering, Genomics, Concepts in Biotechnology, Life Sciences, and Animal Biotechnology to Ph.D., Masters & Bachelor classes. I have been regularly guiding M.Sc. and M.Tech Biotechnology students for their dissertation work.
2) Was an ex-member of the Schools Board of Studies (BoS).
3) Invited as a Special Invitee to Academic Council, GBU.
1) Published about 20 research papers in peer-reviewed international journals.
2) Brought 03 research grants from the Government of India (DBT, DST, SERB) in the capacity of Principal Investigator.
3) Brought 03 research grants from the Government of India in the capacity of Co-Principal Investigator.
1) Vice-Chairperson, University anti-ragging Committee.
2) Member of University level and School level Committees.
3) Worked as a Head of the Department (HoD), School of Biotechnology, GBU from 2010-to 2014.
4) Worked as a University Coordinator Admissions, GBU from 2015-to 2017.
5) Ex-member in various University level and School level Committees.
Postdoctoral research, May 2006 to December 2008: Division of Respiratory Medicine, Philipps-University Marburg, Germany-
During this period,
1) Received full time Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) fellowship.
2) The major objectives were to establish the COPD animal model and to investigate the pathogenesis behind the emphysema by using Genomics and Proteomics tools.
3) Three (03) research papers have been published in peer-reviewed International journals.
4) Awarded with the Young Scientist Travel Awards by the European Respiratory Society, the meeting was held in Berlin, Germany in Oct 2008.
Scientist Gr-I, Dec 2005 to April 2006: National Institute of Pharmaceutical Education and Research (NIPER), Government of India, Mohali-
On the Pay Band-3 of Rs.15,600 - 39,100/- (6th pay commission)
During this period, my job was:
1) To establish a Functional Genomics laboratory.
2) To supervise Ph.D. students.
3) Submitted research grant for a financial assistant to AYUSH (Government of India) on a project entitled a differential Gene Expression Profiling in Diabetic and Herbal Based Medicine Treated Diabetic Rat Models.
Teaching Associate, Aug 2005 to Dec 2005: Center for Molecular Biology and Genetic Engineering, G.B Pant Agriculture and Technology University, Pant Nagar-
During this period, my job was:
1) To teach Masters in Biotechnology and Ph.D. (Biotechnology) students.
2) I was teaching them a functional Genomics and its various tools.
3) To establish DNA-microarray technology in the Department.
Ph.D. degree (Human Biology), Oct 2001 to Nov 2004: Justus Liebig University (JLU), Giessen, Germany-
My Ph.D. thesis title was "Optimization of Microarray Technology-Based Expression Profiling for investigation of Different Animal Models of Pulmonary Hypertension".
1) Received full-time fellowship from the German Government (2001-2004).
2) My Ph.D. work has been awarded the Magna cum laude (Very Good Grade).
3) Published two research papers in peer-reviewed International Journals.